Friday, November 16, 2012

Douye`-Golden Days




It has not been a Jazz, Pop, Contemporary artist that has stood out since Sade, Anita Baker. Well, Douye` in my opinion is right up there. Michael Ealey the DJ of Streetwise radio said to check her out. I’m listening to her music while I’m writing this blog and I must say she has smooth and sultry sound. Douye` is Nigerian born, lives in Los Angeles and is a real talent. She first started singing in church at the age of seven. In her mid-teens she traveled to Europe to pursue her growing musical dreams. Douye` came back to the USA where she studied voice at the acclaimed Musicians Institute in Hollywood California. After graduating, Douye performed in clubs throughout Los Angeles. I can’t believe I have never heard of her before. This goes to show you that there are so many great artists out there that have not been played on mainstream radio. Douye` debut album “Journey” came out in 2008. Four years later she has a new album out called “Golden Days”.  The songs on the album “Golden Days” and “Life Is Good” have me thinking about days when I’m kicked back on a Sunday afternoon with my honey. Douye` is an artist that beautiful! With a lot of sweetness! I’m a fan! Streetwise Radio is playing “Golden Days”.  You can listen to Streetwise Radio on MyGen365, Athena365, Live365 and ITunes.

LM


No comments:

Post a Comment