Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Aya





When I thought DJ Michael Ealey of Streetwise Radio could not possibly find more underrated artists he does. He is playing artist Lysa “Aya” Trenier’s song “Uptown”. This singer and songwriter of Singaporean-Irish-Scottish decent was born and raised in London. She is like opening the windows on a sunshiny day and letting the breeze in. Aya moved to New York when she was 18 to hone her skills as an artist. She has work together with Lenny Kravitz, Pharcyde, Stuart Matthewman and Jay Denes. I did not know it at the time, when I saw the movie 1999 “Loving Jezebel” in which Aya appeared that she was also this amazing singer. Aya debut album “Strange Flower” came out in 2004 it is a blend of soul and pop. Some of my favorite songs that are going on my playlist are “Uptown”, “Afterhours”, and “Do What You Want”, “I’ll Never Give In” and “Looking for the Sun”. Tune into Streetwise Radio and listen to songs from Aya. You can also listen to Streetwise Radio on Pandora, iTunes, MyGen365, Live365 and Athena365.
LM



No comments:

Post a Comment